The Local Administrator has control over the company that they have been assigned to manage by the Global Administrator.
Though a Local administrator mostly has the same privileges as a Global administrator, they do have certain restrictions on their set of permissions.
A Local administrator can:
- Create a department in their company
- Assign already created roles to that department
- Add New Users
- Manage/Edit Users
- Assign users to departments
- Add content sources
- Browse through content in the Content Management tab
- View their own company’s activities
A Local administrator cannot:
- Access any other company
- Create companies
- Manage other companies
- Create new roles
- Manage any roles
- Access any content in the Content Management Tab
Recall: In the previous section, we assigned Dhanish Kakkar as the Company Administrator of Qnext.
- When a company administrator (Dhanish Kakkar in our case) logs into its FileFlex Enterprise using their company (local) administrative account, they will see a user interface similar to that of a Global administrator rather the regular FileFlex interface.
- Click on the dropdown button in the Application Activity Bar.
- You will be able to access just your company and not any other companies.
- In the Content Management Tab, company administrator can browse through content.
- However, they cannot access any content. A company administrator will view all the files as being disabled.
- The reason that a company administrator can browse content is so that they can assign specific folders and Drives as content sources.
- To do so, they may select those folders/drives and click Clone with Root Path from the open menu in the Activity Bar.
- That folder/drive is now added to your list of content sources, and it can be assigned to users/departments.
You may rename or change icon of this specific drive or folder from its menu (3 dots beside the content source).