How to Connect to an ASUSTOR NAS
Step 1: Install the FileFlex Connector on the ASUSTOR NAS.
- Log in to the ASUSTOR NAS through the ASUSTOR Control Center. (For more information about setting up an ASUSTOR NAS and installing ASUSTOR Control Center, see the Installation Guide.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as the ASUSTOR NAS and can access the Internet.
- Download the ASUS Control Center software from the ASUSTOR website -> ASUSTOR Control Center.
- Launch ASUSTOR Control Center. ASUSTOR Control Center will find the ASUSTOR NAS on the local network. Select your NAS, then click Login.
- Enter the administrator username and password, and log in.
- When the ASUSTOR NAS control panel, select the App Central icon.
- When the App Central opens, in the left navigation bar select All Apps, then scroll down to FileFlex Enterprise Connector, click Install
- App Central will download and install the FileFlex Connector on the NAS. When it is finished confirm that it is installed an ON. In the left hand navigation bar, click My Apps, then Installed and check to see that FileFlex Connector is there and that it is ON.
Step 2: Link your FileFlex account to the ASUSTOR NAS.NOTE: PC should be connected to the NAS over the same network.
- Next you must link your FileFlex account to your ASUSTOR NAS. From your PC or mobile device with FileFlex already installed and connected to the NAS over the same network whether via LAN or WiFi, open FileFlex Enterprise User Administration Panel.
- Select the company you would like to add the NAS to.
- Select the ASUSTOR icon and run the setup wizard.
Note: You must be on the same network of the ASUSTOR NAS being added, via either LAN or WiFi. After you have added the NAS as a content source, it can be accessed over the internet.
- In the setup wizard, you will have the option to edit the following device settings:
- Network settings
- Proxy settings to access the Internet
- Anti-virus settings
To edit these or to define which antivirus software on the host machine will be used to scan files uploaded to it, please refer to the section Device Settings.
Note: The antivirus software must already be installed and running with a valid license on the host machine.
- The activation page will now appear that will link your ASUSTOR NAS to your FileFlex Enterprise account. You will need to enter the following credentials.
Username - This is the username of the administrator.
Password - This is the username of the administrator.
Domain (Optional if not part of a domain) - If your NAS is on a company or corporate domain, you will need to enter the domain that your server belongs to.
Activation Code - This code is entered automatically. For security reasons the code is time limited and will time-out if not used shortly. If the code does time-out, you will need to start again at Step 1.
After you have entered your user credentials, click Activate.
You should now have connected FileFlex Enterprise to an ASUSTOR NAS. You can assign users to that NAS - see Assigning Specific Content Sources To a User.
Note: Although administrative credentials are used to set up NAS, the user’s credentials are used to access to the storage. Each user that is permitted to access this storage will need to have their own credentials and permissions in place.