Connecting To Your Content
How to Connect to a Western Digital MyCloud NAS
Step 1: Install the FileFlex Connector on the WD MyCloud NAS.
(Note: You must be already set up as a user on the MyCloud NAS with credentials in place. See the Installation Guide for your MyCloud model available at MyCloud Support).
- Download the FileFlex Connector for a WD MyCloud NAS from the Support section of the FileFlex website - https://fileflex.com/support/downloads/download-fileflex
- Next you will install the FileFlex connector that you just downloaded on your WD MyCloud NAS. Before you can do this, if you have not already done so, you must install MyCloud Dashboard. To install the MyCloud Dashboard:
- Using a computer that is connected to the same network as the My Cloud device, launch a web browser
- Enter either the name (or IP Address) of the My Cloud device into the URL field of the web browser. For example:
- Windows: http://wdmycloud/
- Mac OSX: http://wdmycloud.local/
- To launch using the IP address, you need to know the IP Address of your MyCloud drive. Click on How To Obtain The IP Address of a WD Networked Device for detailed instructions, or download and install the MyCloud Access app, then open Properties. On a Windows PC left click the WD access icon in the bottom right systray, then click Properties. Write down the IP Address shown.
- Enter the IP address in the URL field of your browser. For example: http://10.2.0.238
- Save this page to your Favorites for future use.
Step 2: Link your FileFlex account to your MyCloud NAS.NOTE: PC should be connected to the NAS over the same network.
- Next you must link your FileFlex account to your MyCloud NAS. From your PC or mobile device with the FileFlex Connector already installed and connected to the NAS over the same network whether via LAN or Wi-Fi, open FileFlex.
- Select the menu icon in the Global Application bar. In the dropdown, select Add Content Source.
- Select the Western Digital icon and run the setup wizard.
Note: You must be on the same network of the Western Digital NAS being added, via either LAN or Wi-Fi. After you have added the NAS as a content source, it can be accessed over the internet.
- In the setup wizard, you will have the option to edit the following device settings:
- Network settings
- Proxy settings to access the Internet
- Anti-virus settings
To edit these or to define which antivirus software on the host machine will be used to scan files uploaded to it, please refer to the section Device Settings.
Note: The antivirus software must already be installed and running with a valid license on the host machine.
(Note: The user must be already set up as a user on the WD NAS with credentials in place. This is done by the Administrator via the MyCloud Dashboard. See the User Guide for your model available at WD Support.)
Username - This is the username of the credentials you use to access the MyCloud NAS on the network.
Password - This is the password of the credentials you use to access the MyCloud NAS on the network.
Domain (Optional if not part of a domain) - If your NAS is on a company or corporate domain, you will need to enter the domain that your server belongs to. Leave this blank if you are not sure or contact your IT department for your domain name.
Activation Code - If your NAS is on a company or corporate domain, you will need to enter the domain that your server belongs to. Leave this blank if you are not sure or contact your IT department for your domain name. Step 1.
After you have entered your user credentials, click Activate.
Congratulations - You have connected FileFlex to your Western Digital MyCloud. You can now remotely access any of the storage that is attached to that NAS. To do so, using FileFlex, open the MyCloud repository that you just created, navigate to the files and folders that you wish to access, then save it to your Favorites directory for easy future access. You can repeat this Step 2 for other users of the NAS.
You should continue connecting FileFlex to all your repositories by selecting Add More. If finished, click Done.